Tuesday, January 15, 2013


Hey Everybody!                                                                            January 15,  2013

This week was sooooooo great!!!  Austin (I know I talk about him all the time but he's the most interested/ progressing investigator right now!) came to church this week!!!!  It was awesome!  I was on exchanges when they committed him to come so I didn’t even expect him to chow up, but then right after the prayer he walks on in!  We flagged him down and he came over and sat with us, he may have fallen asleep a little but that’s okay!  (The talks were on family history, not the most engaging for a 17 year old)    Sadly he didn't stay for 2nd or 3rd hour :(  it would've been way good for him though!  It was all about how we get close to our Father in Heaven!

A cool story happened in Washougal!  So I mentioned earlier I left the area I’m in to go on exchanges... Well I went to this tiny little town called Washougal!!  It is way cool, and way up in the mountains/forests over here!  So I was with my zone leaders Elder Mitchell, and we had an appointment to teach a lady named Melissa!  It was an awesome lesson, and she is super cool!!!  She invited the missionaries back because she "wanted the Lord back in her house" and when we left she said she could already start feeling it, and she was super excited to read the Book of Mormon!  The best part (people don't usually like when we tell them they need to be baptized again) was when we invited her to be baptized (You invite on the first lesson every time now!)  she was like, "Yeah I guess since the priesthood was gone, the guy who baptized me was just a guy...  Yeah I’ll get baptized if I find out this is true."  It was sooooooooooo cool that she understood apostasy so easily!

Well that was my awesome week!
I hope you have one too!
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment