Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hey Everyone! 11-22-11

That's great to hear that Brianna is getting baptized! And that Alex is getting out there into the MTC, it's funny that he is going in as Jacob is getting out!

Keep it up mom! We are gonna do a century when I get home, okay?

So the work here is really starting to pick up! We have a part member family that we have been teaching, the Richins, brother Richin is a member and has been inactive for quite a while, but is slowly coming back to activity. His fiancée, Candy, is not a member, but is progressing very quickly in the Gospel. She has been to a couple baptisms and has felt the spirit a lot! She is going to read and pray about the BoM before this Sunday, and she said if she received an answer she would accept a date to be baptized which is great!

Another man we were just referred to is Brother Clay Worley, he is an awesome dude, and told us that he already knows the BoM is true! That was a crazy experience because we went through the restoration, and he didn't talk much or ask many questions, and at the end we invited him to read and pray about the BoM, all he said was "Don't need to, Already know it's true." So Elder Gibson and I had no idea what to say and he continued to say, "As soon as I get this smoking and drinking thing cleared up, I know I'll land in your church."

That was great to hear because we have not had much success so far, so that little lift has got us going at full speed again.

The YSA branch here had 2 baptisms on Saturday, and our ward has an 8 year old baptism this Saturday. So there has been a good boost of member help in the valley.

P-days will be changed to Mondays starting December 5th. It's a worldwide missionary department change. Everyone is doing it. And it is at the same time :)

My companion is great. I’m his third "child" (third elder he has trained) and my "older brother" is in the same district as Elder Gibson and me. In this mission, when you train the person he becomes your son. So I have 2 brothers, and a couple nephews, which is cool.

I'd like to just take this last paragraph to let everyone know that I am very thankful for them and their support I have received! I am especially grateful for my mother and the awesome example of pushing forward she is!

I love you all,
Elder Brandon Scott Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment