Monday, July 23, 2012


So this week was a really good week!

So on my birthday, my comp got sick in the morning so he slept in and I just hung out in the basement and read this book that my member recommended, it's called the Peace Giver it’s really an amazing book and puts a new light on the atonement that I had never seen before! I would recommend it to everyone!

After he was feeling better we went to dinner, and that was great, they fried up some of the best potatoes I've had, and had some really delicious pork roast!  After that we went and visited a really cool family, the McKrackens!  They are both 19 years old and married with a baby!  She has been a member her whole life (not very active but still a member), but he wasn't until last November!  They're super cool, and our age so it's great to visit them and help them out when we can!  So that was the working day of my birthday (still no cake).  After we got home we were just chillin, and my comp has the phone, and he keeps getting texts so I’m thinking, that’s weird.  Then he randomly goes upstairs, and then comes back down holding to boxes, so I got my presents on my birthday!  We went upstairs and cooked those mini browny cake things, so I did get some cake on my birthday, so that was cool!

On Saturday, that was a recent convert whose family was moving to a different part of the area, so we volunteered and got signed up to help.  So we show up and they're all out back taking a quick smoke 'n coffee break before work, but when we showed up we all started on it, aaaaaaand 2 full U-hauls, and 7 hours later we finally got home!  I'm still exhausted!  The worst part was my allergies, or possibly a cold or something, had been annoying all Friday, and then it just got worse during the move, so I was helping out and feeling sick and stuff, but hey! It was tons of fun so yeah!

You haven't told me about the cheesesteak thing, where is it?  And is it better than Spiritos?

Well that was my week in a nutshell!
Have a good one,
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment