Monday, February 4, 2013


Hey Everybody!

This week was so good!  My Mission President E-mailed me last week, and I’m just gonna quote what he said!

Elder Pickett, Thank you for your letter. As I was preparing the transfer, I worked under the impression that you should be transferred. Then I received a solid impression that you two should continue serving together. Let me know how it goes. There simply must be something you or Elder Stucki must learn from the other or find, teach or baptize. Let me know by the end of the transfer what it is. We love you. President

So that was my letter back from him, it is so cool thinking that he could feel specifically that I was still supposed to be here in the Couv! (Vancouver) And I’m pretty sure, not entirely, but pretty sure I’ve figured out why!

So this lady Roby I talked about last week, she is having a rough time.  She is living with a family in the ward, because she got out of a bad situation and needed a place to be!  So we have been teaching her for the past two weeks, and this week she accepted an invitation to be baptized on February 23rd!  She is awesome and we are so excited to see her make that commitment to the Lord!

Another cool experience is with Justin, a soon to be New Investigator!  We were tracting at 8:30 and found out that obedience pays off!  So we knock on a door and a guy and his daughter come to the door!  He introduces us as the LDs missionaries to his daughter before we can even say hi, and he goes to tell us that he would love to talk to us, and he went to the open house of the Omaha Nebraska temple!  We set up an appointment for Wednesday at 1, and we are way stoked to talk to him and his wife!

Well that was my exciting week!
Have a good one!
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment