Monday, March 5, 2012

Hey everyone!

That is a pretty funny picture! Does drafting off of a trike even help? Especially at 8 mph :P

I did receive the package, and I'm sad to say, we don't have an oven or any pots/pans/anything. we have a microwave (that barely works) and a hot plate (that can boil water but has trouble doing even that) so I'm not sure if the brownies will be baked, or the noodles feasted on, but thank you very much for all the other wonderful things that were in there!

That is a pretty good idea to be teaching the young men like they are doing! They just need to get out there and find (or they need referrals from the ward) but I'm sure as soon as they start doing those things it'll turn into a great area! I think it's crazy that 4 missionaries are covering 1 ward though; I'm not sure how they do it! It's not easy finding people to teach in 2 wards, let alone 1/2 of a ward!

We are teaching a 10 year old girl who is probably the coolest person I have ever met! She has read up to mosiah already and she just barely got a Book of Mormon a week ago! She is going to be baptized on the 24th of March, and she will be my 2nd baptism because we are having one on the 17th of March. His name is Rick, and he knows the Bible like the back of his hand! It is super cool meeting with him because we teach something and he says "oh yeah, in James chapter something verse something, it says the same thing so that makes sense." And it is pretty crazy talking to him because he just knows it so well!

Well that's all that I have to report this week, have a good one!
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment