Thursday, March 1, 2012

2-27-12

Hey everyone!

So my new area is just like my old area, except instead of a Fred Meyer, they have a Walmart... It's all farmland and not what anyone thinks Oregon looks like at all haha. My new companion is a way cool guy or a cool head if you will. His name is Elder Gwynn and he is a 6'3" bean pole! Our new area has a lot of work to be done in it so we are working hard on keeping up with the rest of our stake. Our stake president is very missionary focused, last year they set a baptismal goal of 1 a week, and they got 50 by the end of the year! At this point in the year they had 8 baptisms already. This year the goal is set for 60, so we'll need to do a lot more work to get there eventually! Today the stake has 1 baptism in it for the year of 2012, so it'll be pretty hard to get that goal of 60! Our wards are great! But not as great as home haha, we are getting fed well and plenty of referrals so I have no complaints.

So one cool thing, is there’s an elder in my district, Elder Facuri. He's the one in the 8th ward, and he's actually going home at the end of the transfer. So be on the watch for a new RM and make sure to say hello when you see him!

I am jealous that I don't get to go ride with you and see your progress! Keep on keeping on!

Well, it is time for me to be off soon!
Sincerely,
Elder Pickett!

No comments:

Post a Comment