Monday, March 26, 2012

Hey everybody!!

So Josie got baptized this Saturday, and is the first person I was able to teach and take them to baptism! It was super cool and my companion did the baptizing which was awesome! The Sunday was the weird fast Sunday yesterday, weird in the fact of placement, not that it was fast Sunday. Anyway, she got up and bore her testimony, and so did her 7 year old brother named Gator. Gator is possibly the coolest kid I know, and he is way excited to get baptized in a year or so. They are an awesome family, and we just need to get to teach the father!

So today was a really cool P-day, it was the "Olympics." We split the zone into 2 teams, white and black, and then we played a bunch of games and had alot of fun! The first event was soccer, and I got to play goalie, and I scored 1 point! My team eventually won that one! The next was a game called clean your room, where we just kinda threw clothes across the volleyball net, and whoever had the least clothes on their side won. My team won that one too! We then played volleyball, and my team lost that one :( then ultimate Frisbee, and again, loss for the white team. Then it was 8 1 on 1 competitions! The one that I competed in was really cool! We had to take tissues out of a tissue box one at a time. It was crazy but I eventually was able to win! Elder Gwynn (my companion) still says that I cheated, but it was an honest victory I promise!

It's really cool to hear that they're always making you do something just a little better and just a little harder! Keep up the good work!
Well transfers are next week so I will let you know what’s happening!
Love,
Elder Pickett



No comments:

Post a Comment