Monday, April 2, 2012

Hey everybody!

So I just got here in Hermiston 6 weeks ago, and it turns out that I'm going back to Washington!! Or as they say it here, Warshington!!! I'm headed to Pasco, baptizing capital of our mission! I'm very excited to get there because I have heard the work is never slow so that will be an awesome experience! I sure am going to miss Oregon though, no sales tax and stuff like that was pretty nice! But I am excited to be going to the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco).

We've seen some raccoons around here as well! We live on a pretty long dirt road, and every now and then coming home we see the coons having a party in the street! They live in some raspberry bushes off the side of the road and sometimes will be out in the street when we are coming in so it's way cool to be able to see them. Although they are just down the road, they really don't do much to mess with us, or our host families’ dogs. They have a half border-collie half black lab, and a full border collie. They are both exceptionally fat, and probably the coolest dogs in Oregon!

This week our car went into the shop on Monday, from damages previous to me coming here, and they had it until Thursday! This was basically the longest week of my life hahaha, we were lucky enough to be able to bunk with other missionaries who live in town for the week so we were only 2 miles out of our area. Luckily they're great guys and gave us rides every now and then! So yeah this week was great for exercise! So my area that I'm going into is a walking area, so I guess this last week was just training for the next 6 weeks, or longer.

Well I sure love yall lots!
Elder Pickett



No comments:

Post a Comment