Monday, April 9, 2012

Hey everyone!!

So I'm in Pasco WA now, and I guess I am getting to know what real missionaries feel like! I'm walking now :( It's a pretty cool town, and we have an awesome view of the Columbia River from our house! I could literally throw a rock into the river from our balcony! The work here is pretty slow, and mostly we just do work with less-actives. The area is so small that one missionary who was here for 6 months tracked the entire area, twice. It is pretty crazy!

So my new companion basically is just a reincarnation of Kyle Gemmell, but 2 years older haha. He's a way rad guy and we have tons of fun walkin around together! He just finished training, so I am "Greeny busting" him, it's pretty cool to finally be with someone who is younger than me haha. So we had an awesome miracle happen the other day!

We were tracting, and kept getting rejected, as usual, and finally knocked on a house and a guy answered. I did the normal approach, introduce myself and let him know that were sharing a message of restored truth to prophets, and he asks us to share that message with him on the doorstep! We did so, and asked if we could come back sometime, and he said we could! This was awesome because Elder Fernquist hasn't had too much teaching time to investigators, and he did an awesome job! I'm really excited for this transfer, and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!

Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment