Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hump Day


9/24/12
Hello everyone!

So this Friday is my year mark, and I am pretty not excited for it :(  it means that i only have one more year left , and it feels like i have only been here for a couple months!  Well it has been a great year, and I'm excited for the year to come!

I have learned so many things this past year it has been probably the most growing year i have ever had!  I have learned mostly of the saviour and his divine mission.  I know that he did all he did for us, and i know he really did it!  I have seen this through people while I've been out here, people who get baptized, people who investigate, and even people who are just plain old Christians and have no interest in finding more truth!  He is the most amazing person to ever live here, and i am happy i have the chance to know about him!

This past year has definitely been a roller coaster!  I have not had a companion for more than 1 transfer until this past Wednesday!  So i have had 8 companions, where most people i came out with have about 5 or 6,  i also have been tossed around the mission pretty well and have 5 areas, where some people i came out with are just starting their 3rd!!  It has truly been the best time of my life and i wouldn't trade it for any other!

This week was a pretty low level week, my companion got sick for the weekend, so i got a lot of studying done which was nice!  We went to the Rughs house this week, we are teaching their 9 and 11 ear old, and did a little bit of review of the restoration and the doctrine of Christ,  that was good and these kids are really sharp so they picked up on it pretty easily!  We are excited to be working with them, and we are planning on having the baptism before this month is over!

Thanks for all your prayers!
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment