Tuesday, October 2, 2012


10-2-12

Hellooooo!

I got the package, and it is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally cool!  I am glad to have some new moccasins because I could stick my whole foot through the front of my old ones!  My companion really got a kick out of the whole camel thing for my hump day... And has been telling everyone since about how I just past my year mark when I say "about a year" to how long I’ve been out.  It's been pretty fun!

Today was awesome! We got to go to Portland (out of the mission) and go to the temple!!  It was super great!  I really love the Portland temple; I think it’s probably my 2nd favorite temple, after San Diego of course! 

This week was pretty cool!  No awesome break through with anyone, which was a bummer, but it was just a good solid week.  We saw a really cool lady, the one that has the baby doll, and she is great to visit with!  Her name is Trudie, and they live in a retirement home facility thing!  She is really funny, and even though she’s 60ish she is probably more energetic than most kids!  She has a lot of awesome stories about when she lived out in the middle of nowhere in Oregon, which are always funny, and how she ended up in the church is also a good one!

That quote about a study of the gospel changing us more than a study of behavior is by Elder Bednar, and its quoted somewhere in PMG, I forget, but yeah I really love that and it is super true!

Thanks for everything!!
Love,
Elder Pickett 

No comments:

Post a Comment