Monday, October 22, 2012


Hey Everybody!!

So I have some crazy news to tell ya! Next Wednesday is transfer week!!  Buuuuuut I am now serving in the Fairway Village and Fishers Landing wards in the Vancouver East stake!  I am with Elder Shuman, and I will be finishing up his training (his trainer got sick when he was 5 weeks out) so he I am going to be his new trainer! 

My new area is in the same stake as Camas!  So I'm actually going over to Andy and Carries home town for P-day today!!  That'll be way cool!

This past Sunday was the stake conference up here!  We got to go to the adult session because we had some people coming with us, and it was a really amazing meeting!  This stake is really set on family history and temple work!  So they set a goal to index (Make digital copies of handwritten records) 6 million names in the next year!  I guess that is a ton! But everyone in the room sustained the goal, and from everyone I’ve met they are all pretty excited about this awesome opportunity!  Sadly, as missionaries we don't really get to do that kind of thing, but hey it is actually a really good finding activity!  Yesterday we talked to a guy and he started talking about his old family history, so we started talking about this indexing challenge, and he totally would have been game if he hadn't been visiting his son for a couple days, he was from Reno, and so we learned that this is an awesome way that we can help people feel the Spirit, in an easy and non- invasive manner!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment