Monday, October 8, 2012


Hello everybody!!

So we've had a crazy week this week!!!  Me and my companion Elder Davidson came home one day, and started planning the next day when suddenly... We get a call from our mission president!!!  I always carry the s=phone so I gave it to him jokingly saying, "It's for you."  Well turns out it wasn't a joke... and President Greer proceeds to tell him that he has a ticket for a plane on Friday!!!  Missionary headquarters saw all the health problems he was having, we were visiting doctors weekly, and decided that it was too much for him to handle out here.  So on Friday morning, we were both all packed up and the Hazel Dell area got shut down until the end of the month!  I am now serving in Woodland WA, a little dinky farm town 30 minutes north of my old area, with the zone leaders!  I am completely enjoying it because now I don't have to walk everywhere!  And I got to see a bunch of missionaries I haven’t seen in a while at General Conference, we went to a different stake.  Yeah, so hopefully at the end of these 3 weeks I am with them I get to go back to Hazel Dell, but there are no promises sadly :(

Last night we did a family home evening with some of our investigators, it was super awesome, we watched some I'm a Mormon videos for the lesson, and then played a game called Missionary Impossible!  It was a really fun game, and my companion Elder La Rue won, though he did have some help from me and my other companion, Elder Kendrick!

I have come to realize that I really love the smaller rural type towns more than the suburban areas. It feels like I went somewhere new, rather than just walking around Oceanside tracting.  I would probably not enjoy living in an area like that but it is cool to see different walks of life other than my own!

Well that is what my crazy week has been like! 
Love you all!!
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment