Thursday, October 20, 2011

His first letter.

Hey Mom and family!

I’m here at the MTC, as you know, and I had some extra time so I decided to write a letter. I’m writing on the 29th of September so I’ve only completed one real day here, and it was a long day!! I hope everything went smoothly on the plane and you got home safe and sound.

My companion is named Elder Grant, and he is a cool guy. He grew up in rural Utah and looks the part too! Waking up at 6:30 is not as hard as it seems, especially when one of the roommate’s alarm clock sounds like a crow with a megaphone. Our teacher is a very cool guy named Brother Bacon and he is super excited about teaching us.

The food here is very good, and every now and then it is ice cream night. And it so happened that this was one night, and it is Creamery ice cream! The showers are nice, and always hot. The bathroom we have is way funny, because it was converted into a boy’s bathroom from a girl’s bathroom.

General Conference is this weekend, and I’m not exactly sure about what’s going to happen but all I know is that we have a meal between sessions, so the Pickett tradition will continue even in the MTC. The days feel like weeks, and I’ve heard “the weeks feel like days”, so I’m excited for that to kick in!

Well I gotta get going to classes and dinner. I miss you all but I know coming was the right decision.

Love,

Elder Brandon Scott Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment